Limited ADA parking is available on first-come, first-served basis to vehicles displaying a state-issued handicapped plate or placard. The person to whom the placard or plate is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger. As part of gaining access to accessible parking, identifications will be checked to ensure legitimate use of these items. Specific driving directions to this parking area are found below.
ADA Pickup & Drop Off
ADA Pickup and Dropoff for accessible patrons is available to vehicles displaying a state-issued handicapped plate or placard. The person to whom the placard or plate is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger. As part of gaining access to accessible drop-off area, identifications will be checked to ensure legitimate use of these items. Specific driving directions to this drop-off/pickup area are found below.
Take advantage of the Complimentary Festival Shuttles provided by ACL Fest. Board at Republic Square Park at the corner of 5th & San Antonio streets in downtown Austin and you'll be dropped off outside the Barton Springs West Festival Entrance. When you're finished rocking, hop back on for a return trip to the same spot. Shuttles will run from Republic Square starting at Noon on Friday* and starting at 11AM on Saturday and Sunday of each weekend. Please note that face masks are required while riding the shuttles and ACL Health Policy documentation will be checked prior to boarding the shuttles at Republic Square. More information on the shuttle program can be found here.s
CapMetro’s MetroAccess also provides and accessible service. For more information on their service click here.
2021 Parking & Pickup / Drop-off Driving Directions:
From Southbound Mopac
Take the “Barton Skyway” exit, turn left at the traffic light at Barton Skyway and go across the bridge. Turn left onto the northbound MoPac service road and get in the right hand lane. Follow directions below.
From Northbound Mopac
Take the “FM 2244 Rollingwood Westlake” exit and proceed to the right hand lane of the northbound MoPac service road. Follow directions below.
- Continue to the next traffic light. Proceed through the light continuing to head north on the service road until reaching a manned, secured entrance about 1⁄2 mile on the right hand side.
- There will be a police officer or event staff person stationed there checking to ensure vehicles are displaying a state-issued handicapped plate or placard. The person to whom the placard or plate is issued must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger. Be prepared to present identification to ensure legitimate use of a state-issued handicapped plate or placard.
- All vehicles will be screened prior to entering the festival grounds. Please plan accordingly as screening may include magnetometers, pat downs, bag searches and canines. Be advised that both firearm and explosive detection canines will be utilized.
- You will then be directed to the exact location of the Access Parking lot to park your vehicle OR drop-off / pickup an ADA Patron. Parking is very limited, and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once parked OR dropped off, there will be a special golf cart shuttle at a marked pickup spot that will provide a ride down a hill to a specific location closer to the festival entrance. This golf cart shuttle is optional. If you choose to ride it, you must sign a Release of Liability form provided by the shuttle operator. The golf cart shuttle runs in a loop and can provide a ride back to the Access parking lot from a specific location. No extra stops or requests for special pick up or drop-off point are permitted. The shuttle runs from when the festival gates open until 9pm.
- Once inside the main gates, you can visit the Access Center at the Barton Springs entrance for more information.
Accessible Festival Entrance
There are specially designated lanes at the Festival entrances for patrons with disabilities. Look for the accessible signs above the entrance lanes or ask a staff member to direct you to the lanes.