This is a living document! Please keep an eye on this page and more information will be updated the closer we get to the festival.
Platinum Experience 2022
Welcome back to ACL Festival! True to the Austin City Limits legacy, we have an incredibly diverse lineup on offer, from bona fide legends to tomorrow’s headliners. As a Platinum guest, you have front-row access to all of the action plus a ton more perks to make for an unforgettable weekend.
On this page, you’ll find everything you need to know about the Platinum program plus other important details about general health and safety policies. Please be sure to read through it and to send it to everyone in your group so they are also in-the-know. We can’t wait to see you in the park!
BEFORE THE FESTIVAL
Health & Safety
- Bring your Festival Wristband
- If you are unvaccinated, the CDC encourages you to bring and wear a mask
- Please also remember our updated bag policy – CLEAR BAGS ONLY – and No liquids are allowed to be brought into ACL Festival.
There is no local requirement to provide a Negative COVID-19 test result, Vaccine Card, or Vaccine Record for entry at this event. If you are unvaccinated, the CDC encourages you to bring and wear a mask.
If you have questions about vaccines or want to get a vaccine, please visit Vaccines.gov to find the nearest vaccine provider near you. Current information about COVID-19, and recommendations for isolation and quarantine can be found at the CDC website.
How to Dress & What to Bring
Dress for comfort and be sure to check the weather forecast before you head out the door. The festival grounds are a combination of paved surfaces, gravel and grass, so choose your footwear accordingly. We recommend a hat and sunglasses, but if you forget anything, the Festival Store has lots of great merchandise offerings!
Review this link to be sure you are in compliance with our bag policy and to see what items are allowed and prohibited.
If your wristbands were not mailed to you and are at Will Call, you can pick them up at the Festival Box Office. A government-issued ID is required to verify your order and pick up tickets. Look for the VIP/Platinum Will Call line for expedited service.
Pre-Fest Box Office
Palmer Events Center
900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX 78704
Park in the garage facing Barton Springs Road. When you exit the garage and enter the building facing Barton Springs Road, you’ll walk directly into Hall 1.
- Weekend 1 - Thursday, Oct 6: 11am – 7 pm
- Weekend 2 - Thursday, Oct 13: 11 am – 7 pm
West Box Office
Located adjacent to the West Entrance – Barton Springs Road
- Friday: 11 am - 9 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 9 pm
- Sunday: 10 am - 9 pm
East Box Office
Located On Barton Springs Road adjacent to ZILKR on the Park Condos
- Friday: 11 am - 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 8:30 pm
- Sunday: 10 am - 8:30 pm
Lady Bird Box Office
Located on Stratford Drive
- Friday: 11 am - 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 10 am - 8:30 pm
- Sunday: 10 am - 8:30 pm
Wristband activation ensures a smooth process when entering the festival each day and allows you to add emergency contact information to your wristband. All you need to do is enter your wristband ID number (located on the inside of your wristband) and contact info to activate.
GETTING IN THE FESTIVAL
Gate Opening Times:
- Friday: 12PM-10PM
- Saturday: 11AM-10PM
- Sunday: 11AM-10PM
PLATINUM DOWNTOWN SHUTTLE
Enjoy complimentary, roundtrip shuttle service between the JW Marriott and the Platinum West Entrance.
- JW Marriott, 110 W. 2nd St
- Platinum West Entrance, 2389 Stratford Dr
- First shuttle departs downtown at 10:30 am
- Last shuttle leaves the Festival at 10:30 pm
All shuttles are available on a first-come, first-served basis — we appreciate your patience during peak hours! Only guests with Platinum wristbands will be allowed entry into the shuttles. To make sure the shuttles stay operational, we will respectfully decline service to anyone who appears inebriated.
Click HERE for other tips on how to get to the festival.
Platinum Entrances & Policies
Avoid the crowds and use the Platinum-only entrances into the Festival. Once inside, hop on a golf cart to be taken directly to the Platinum Lounge.
- Platinum East Entrance: To the right of the Barton Springs East gates. Look for directional signs pointing the way.
- Platinum West Entrance: 2839 Stratford Dr (at the entrance to the Austin Nature & Science Center)
Kids in Platinum
- Kids 10 and under are allowed in free with a ticketed adult.
- Limit of two children per adult.
- All children must check in with the Platinum concierge to receive a wristband and to record emergency contact information.
- Have your wristband on.
- Be prepared for bag check. See our policies for what is allowed in the Festival.
AT THE FESTIVAL
The Platinum Lounge is your weekend HQ and is loaded with amenities to keep you refreshed and recharged.
- Platinum Parlor& Patio — Like the name implies, the Parlor offers a relaxing spot for taking a load off. Enjoy a drink from the full-service bar, catch a set or the big game on the flatscreen TV, or watch all of the action on the Lady Bird Stage from the elevated outdoor patio.
- Platinum Café— A comfortable spot to enjoy the all-day dining. This year we are featuring multiple concepts from some of Austin's best restaurants!
- Concierge— Our helpful staff are at your disposal to dispense everything from Festival info to sunscreen and wristband help. This is also where you can pick up your exclusive Platinum gift — one per person, please.
- Lockers & Mobile Chargers— Store your belongings in a complimentary locker, which comes with a mobile charger for juicing your device. Lockers measure 11” x 13.5” x 18” and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Spa and Salon Services— Need to knead the kinks out or rock a new ‘do? We have massage therapists from Viva Day Spa providing chair and table massages. We also have hair and glitter stylists to give you Insta-ready looks. Available daily until 7 pm.
Golf Cart Shuttle
Why walk when you can ride? Platinum guests enjoy complimentary golf cart shuttle service to virtually every corner of the park.
- Platinum East Entrance/T-Mobile Stage/VIP Grove
- Platinum West Entrance
- Platinum Lounge
- Miller Lite Stage
- Honda Stage
- Barton Springs Stage
- No alcohol on board
- No standing or sitting on laps
- Keep your limbs inside the cart
By far one of the most popular perks of Platinum is access to fantastic stage viewing! We have exclusive spaces at six stages, and each includes beer, seltzer and water service.
- Lady Bird Stage — Access house left (on the left if looking at the stage) via the Platinum Lounge
- Honda — Access house right (on the right if looking at the stage) via the shuttle stop or from the GA field
- Miller Lite Stage — Access house right via shuttle stop or from the GA field
- T-Mobile Stage — Access house left (on left if looking at stage) from the GA field (a short walk from the shuttle stop)
- Barton Springs Stage — Access house right via the GA field
- Tito’s Stage — New this year! Access house right from the GA field (no golf cart shuttle stop for this stage)
All viewing areas are limited capacity and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Outside of ADA zones, there are no chairs allowed in viewing areas.
As if all of the above isn’t enough, we also have these fun additions for you:
- Access to VIP and GA+— Enjoy unfettered access to the VIP Groves and GA+ Hideaway. Both VIP Grove East and West boast a Skydeck with fantastic views of the main stages. VIP Grove East also offers all-day drinks and complimentary dining provided by San Antonio’s Jason Dady. The GA+ Hideaway is located next to the VIP Grove East.
- Platinum gift— A special thank-you for our Platinum guests. Redeem at your Platinum concierge.
- Express service at the ACL Festival Store— The full selection of merchandise can be found at the main store across from the Barton Springs Stage. This expansive space is fully enclosed, air-conditioned and set up for a true retail experience. Platinum guests can enjoy express entry and checkout to get you in and out as quickly as possible. Look for the Express Entry & Checkout signs.
We are here to help you with any questions you may have. There are two ways to reach us:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text 512-790-7101 — Monitored Oct. 7 -Oct. 16